Traffic Project Engineer
- 5-10 Years of Progressive Experience in Traffic Design
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Professional Engineering License in the State of Florida
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with any of following software and manuals: Microstation, Geopak, SYNCHRO, VISSIM, SimTraffic, HCS, MUTCD, Highway Safety Manual, Highway Capacity Manual, and Florida Design Manual.
Avant Engineering Group is a newly established firm, driven by passion for the engineering field and fueled by a culture that encourages work-life balance and strong family values. We pride ourselves on providing innovative solutions to our clients and fostering an environment where our employees can grow professionally and creatively. Although growth is necessary in our industry, we also strive to maintain a strong family-oriented culture where quality outweighs quantity.
Our Winter Park office has recently been successful on multiple FDOT projects and is looking for an experienced Traffic Engineer to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have experience working on FDOT roadway/highway projects and is looking to grow their career. This opportunity will involve working under a Senior Traffic Engineer and/or Project Manager to produce any combination of signing and pavement marking, signalization, lighting, ITS and/or traffic study documentation and plans. Day to day activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Project engineering, design, planning and computations
- Preparation of final design plans, specifications and studies associated with traffic analysis
- Perform field duties outside of the office in support of project data collection
- Assist in marketing and business development efforts in addition to attending client meetings
- Assists with the training and development of junior engineers and designers
- Assist Senior Engineers/Project Managers in a variety of project duties
- Requires little to no technical supervision by Senior staff
- Plans and organizes technical project assignments
This is an excellent opportunity to get on the ground floor of a company and help us establish a long-standing history of excellent client service, passionate engineering attitude, and strong family values in a positive and welcoming environment.
Email resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org