Senior Drainage Engineer
- Bachelor of Science Engineering Degree in Civil, Environmental or related field from an accredited school
- 8+ years of civil drainage design or related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Florida Professional Engineer (PE) or ability to receive in 6 months
- Drainage design experience on roadway projects including freeways, highways, and local street improvements
- Stormwater quality treatment systems design and related reports preparation
- Experience working on FDOT projects and with Florida Water Management Districts
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with GEOPAK Drainage, HY-8, ICPR, and HEC Programs
- Experience with design software including MicroStation and GEOPAK and/or OpenRoads
- Familiar with MS Office software (Excel, Word, Project)
We are seeking a Senior Drainage Engineer to join a dynamic and highly technical Transportation design team in Winter Park, Florida . As a Senior Drainage Engineer, you will be working with a multi-disciplinary design team to deliver projects for Florida counties, Central Florida Expressway Authority and the Florida Department of Transportation. Projects include the hydraulic analysis and drainage design for interstate highways, urban and rural roadways, interchanges, detention/retention ponds, and permitting.
Avant Engineering Group is a firm driven by passion for the engineering field and fueled by a culture that encourages work-life balance and strong family values. We pride ourselves on providing innovative solutions to our clients and fostering an environment where our employees can grow professionally and creatively. Although growth is necessary in our industry, we also strive to maintain a strong family-oriented culture where quality outweighs quantity. We are eager to start a Drainage group at our firm and are looking for the right candidate to assist us in this endeavor.
- Serve as technical advisor and technical resource on FDOT and CFX drainage procedures and processes
- Task/Design Lead for transportation design projects
- Provide drainage technical input to studies and design
- Participate in interdisciplinary reviews of project deliverables
- Perform quality control review of design calculations and drawings
- Prepare project drainage design reports and necessary calculations
- Interact and coordinate with clients, design team partners and sub-consultants, as needed for project tasks
- The ability to make decisions independently related to engineering design and methodology
- Attend presentations, interviews, and prepare letters of interest as a subject matter expert in drainage design
This is an excellent opportunity to grow a drainage group and help us establish a long-standing history of excellent client service, passionate engineering attitude, and strong family values in a positive and welcoming environment.
Entry Level Transportation Engineer
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Florida EIT license preferred or able to obtain within a year
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Independent personality with a good attitude who pays attention to details and is willing to work in a supportive, fast-paced environment
- Experience with MicroStation preferred
- Experience with FDOT Plans Production preferred
- Experience with Bluebeam
Avant Engineering Group is a firm driven by passion for the engineering field and fueled by a culture that encourages work-life balance and strong family values. We pride ourselves on providing innovative solutions to our clients and fostering an environment where our employees can grow professionally and creatively. Although growth is necessary in our industry, we also strive to maintain a strong family-oriented culture where quality outweighs quantity.
Our Winter Park office has recently been successful on multiple FDOT projects and is looking for an Entry Level Transportation Engineer to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have experience working on FDOT roadway/highway projects and is looking to grow their career. This opportunity will involve working under a Senior Roadway and/or Traffic Engineer to produce any combination of roadway, signing and pavement marking, signalization, lighting, and ITS plans.
Day to day activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Horizontal and vertical design for a variety of different transportation projects
- Preparation of final design plans and specifications
- Coordination with other disciplines and internal Project Managers
- Perform field duties outside of the office in support of project data collection
- Assist Senior Engineers/Project Managers in a variety of project duties
This is an excellent opportunity to get on the ground floor of a company and help us establish a long-standing history of excellent client service, passionate engineering attitude, and strong family values in a positive and welcoming environment.