Entry Level Transportation Engineer
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Florida EIT license preferred or able to obtain within a year
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Independent personality with a good attitude who pays attention to details and is willing to work in a supportive, fast-paced environment
- Experience with MicroStation preferred
- Experience with FDOT Plans Production preferred
- Experience with Bluebeam
Avant Engineering Group is a firm driven by passion for the engineering field and fueled by a culture that encourages work-life balance and strong family values. We pride ourselves on providing innovative solutions to our clients and fostering an environment where our employees can grow professionally and creatively. Although growth is necessary in our industry, we also strive to maintain a strong family-oriented culture where quality outweighs quantity.
Our Winter Park office has recently been successful on multiple FDOT projects and is looking for an Entry Level Transportation Engineer to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have experience working on FDOT roadway/highway projects and is looking to grow their career. This opportunity will involve working under a Senior Roadway and/or Traffic Engineer to produce any combination of roadway, signing and pavement marking, signalization, lighting, and ITS plans.
Day to day activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Horizontal and vertical design for a variety of different transportation projects
- Preparation of final design plans and specifications
- Coordination with other disciplines and internal Project Managers
- Perform field duties outside of the office in support of project data collection
- Assist Senior Engineers/Project Managers in a variety of project duties
This is an excellent opportunity to get on the ground floor of a company and help us establish a long-standing history of excellent client service, passionate engineering attitude, and strong family values in a positive and welcoming environment.