Transportation Project Engineer
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Post-graduation experience of 1-2 years
- Fundamentals of Engineering License (EI) Preferred
- Experience with any of following software and manuals: Microstation, Geopak, AutoCad, Florida Design Standards, FDOT Design Manual, FDOTSS10, FDOTConnect, OpenRoads Designer and 3D Modeling is a plus!
- Experience with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and other Microsoft Office Products
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Detail oriented team player with an ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Ability to multi-task under deadline-driven projects
Avant Engineering Group is an established firm, driven by passion for the engineering field and fueled by a culture that encourages work-life balance and strong family values. We pride ourselves on providing innovative solutions to our clients and fostering an environment where our employees can grow professionally and creatively. Although growth is necessary in our industry, we also strive to maintain a strong family-oriented culture where quality outweighs quantity.
Our Winter Park office has recently been successful on multiple FDOT projects and is looking for an energetic, self-motivated and experienced Transportation Project Engineer to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have some experience working on FDOT roadway/highway projects and is looking to grow their career. This opportunity will involve working under a Senior Transportation Engineer and/or Project Manager to produce roadway construction plans. Day to day activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Project Managers and Engineers with tasks associated to the design of roadways, roadway geometrics, plans production, general quantities calculations, and other critical elements associated with highway design.
- Prepare technical documents such as construction plans, specifications, estimates and design documentation under the close review of a more experienced professional
- Complete work accurately and in accordance with quality control and quality assurance procedures
- Performs data acquisition and analysis, researching the feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and/or regulatory agency specifications or regulations.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This is an excellent opportunity to get on the ground floor of a company and help us establish a long-standing history of excellent client service, passionate engineering attitude, and strong family values in a positive and welcoming environment. We proudly offer an attractive salary package commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, company health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, as well as a 401-k plan with company matching.
Email resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org